AddressNational Statistical Institute 2, P. Volov Str. 1038 Sofia
National Statistical System (NSS) of Bulgaria consists of the National Statistical Institute, the Bodies of Statistics and the Bulgarian National Bank. The Bodies of Statistics are state bodies or their structural units, which develop, produce and disseminate statistical information. The National Statistical System carries out the statistical activity by conducting statistical surveys and activities, included in the National Statistical Programme. The NSI coordinate the statistical activities of the state.
The National Statistical System of Bulgaria produces and provides to all user groups high quality statistical products and services, produced based on harmonized European methodologies and standards and observes the principles of the European Statistics Code of Practice.
The main objective for NSS development is to improve the development, production and dissemination of quality statistical information about all user groups according to their information needs.
The official statistical information - product of NSS - is intended for analyses and scientific studies, planning, prognosis and making managerial decisions at micro and macro level. The statistical information products and services are directed to the:
- Bodies of state administration and local authorities;
- Business sector and non-government organizations;
- Scientific and academic society;
- Mass media;
- EC, UN, IMF and other international organizations;
- Individual citizens.
The vision of NSS development implies observance of the UN Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics and the principles laid down in the European Statistics Code of Practice. The following principles play a leading role in the system‘s activity:
- Professional independence;
- Impartiality and objectivity;
- Commitment for high quality;
- Strictly observing the statistical confidentiality;
- Adequacy of resources;
- Cost effectiveness;
- Active cooperation and coordination within NSS and ESS.
Contact details of PP2:
- Diana Yancheva, Deputy President of NSI - project leader – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kiril Ilkov, Chief legal adviser, legal provision of the project activities – email@example.com
- Maria Varbanova, financial manager of the project – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antoaneta Ilkova, communication manager - email@example.com
- Veneta Petrova, coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mirena Kovacheva, assistant, - mkovacheva@NSI.bg